Assistant Engineer (Electrical) – Public Works
Applications are invited online only by ONE TIME REGISTRATION from qualified candidates for selection to the under mentioned post in Kerala Government Service. Before applying for the post the candidates should register as per One Time Registration through the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
- Department : Public Works
- Name of Post : Assistant Engineer (Electrical) (Direct recruitment from among First and Second Grade Overseer / Draftsman (Electrical) and clerks in Public Works Department)
- Scale of pay : ₹ 55,200-115300/-
- Number of Vacancies : 1 (One)
The above vacancy is now in existence. The ranked list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year, provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year, or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancy noted above and also against the vacancies that may be reported to the Commission during the period of currency of the list.
Liability to serve in the Defence service : Persons appointed to the above post shall be liable not withstanding that at the time of requisition, of this services they are holding higher appointments, to serve for a minimum period of 4 years (including the period spent on training) in the Defence Services or on assignment relating to Defence efforts anywhere in India or abroad if so required. The liability to serve in the Defence Service will be limited to the first 10 years of service and will not ordinarily apply to persons above 40 years of age.
- Method of Appointment : Direct Recruitment from among First and Second Grade Overseer/Draftsman (Electrical) and Clerks in Public Works Department.
Note: The Rules of reservation prescribed in Rules 14 to 17 of Part II of Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules 1958 shall not be applicable to this selection.
- Age Limit : Must have completed 21 (Twenty one) years of age on 01.01.2022. Upper age limit is not applicable for this selection.
- Qualifications : 1. Degree in Electrical Engineering of the Kerala University or its equivalent. OR A Pass in Section ‘A’ and ‘B’ of the A M I E (India) in Electrical Engineering.
- In the case of First Grade/Second Grade Draftsman/Overseer (Electrical) they should have rendered a minimum service of 2 (two) years as First/Second Grade Draftsman/Overseer (Electrical) in the Electrical Wing of Public Works Department and in the case of Clerks a minimum period of service of six years as Clerks in the Public Works Department.
Note: i) Rule 10 a (ii) of part II of KS&SSR is applicable.
ii) Candidates who claim equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce the Equivalency Certificate / relevant Government Order to prove the equivalency at the time of Certificate verification. Then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification.
iii) If at any time, qualified hands are not available, the appointment to the vacancies in this quota shall be made by direct recruitment of candidates from open market.
iv) Candidate should produce a Service Certificate in original obtained from the Head of Office/Department to prove the length of their service, in the respective category in the Department as and when called for by the Commission. Service Certificate should be in the form given in the Annexure.
- Name of Employee :
- Post now holding :
- Date of entry in Service in the Present Post :
- Scale of Pay :
- Date of Declaration of probation in the post now holding :
- Details of Service (From date of entry to till date) :
Total Service of ———years ——months————-days
The above details have been verified with the Service Records of the candidate and found correct.
Also certified that Sri/Smt……………………………………………. is eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Engineer (Electrical) (Departmental Quota) in Public Works Department.
8 Mode of Submitting applications:-
(a) Candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by log in on to their profile using their User-ID and password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for the post. The photograph uploaded should be one taken after 31.12.2012. Candidates who create profile after 01.01.2022 should upload photograph taken within six months. Name of the candidate and the date of photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. Candidates are advised to keep a printout or soft copy of the online application for future reference. Candidates can take the print out of the application by clicking on the link `My applications’ in their profile. All correspondence with the Commission, regarding the application should be accompanied with the print out of the application. The application will be summarily rejected if noncompliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Original Documents to prove qualification, experience, age, Community etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
(b) If Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates shall submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets in the last 15 days till the date of Test. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period, will be rejected absolutely. The periods regarding the submission of confirmation and the availability of Admission Tickets will be published in the Examination Calendar itself. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective profiles and in the mobile phone number registered in it.
(c) Appropriate disciplinary action as per KPSC Rules of Procedure Rule 22 shall be initiated against those candidates who submit applications with bogus claims of qualification regarding education, experience etc. and submit confirmation for writing the examination, irrespective of whether they are present or absent for the examination.
(d) “Candidates who have AADHAR Card should add AADHAR as ID Proof in their profile.”
- Last date for submission of application:- 31.08.2022, Wednesday up to 12.00 Midnight.
- Name of Website to which applications are to be submitted: www.keralapsc.gov.in (For details including Photo ,ID Card , etc. refer the General Conditions given in part II of the Gazette Notification.)
How to Apply ?
- Candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post.
For Detailed Notification;
Get prepared for all the Electrical Engineering exams with a single enrollment!😎
Specially structured to learn each subject from basic to advanced levels,
✅ Recorded videos with Unlimited streaming
✅ 300+ hours of lectures
✅Comprehensive coverage of the latest syllabus, including Overseer Grade-I/KSEB Sub-Engineer
✅A highly trained and dedicated faculty team
✅ 150+ total tests
✅ Interactive quizzes
✅Onboard support and doubt clearance
✅Regular performance analysis and personal mentoring
Its your high time to choose the right decision!
For admissions call us at
📲 94 97 41 88 77
📲 94 97 41 88 66
CENTRE C ELECTRICAL SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Our Social media platforms are exclusively for Electrical Engineering students, job candidates, teachers and all those who have passion for Electrical Engineering.
You will get
- Electrical engineering quiz
- Regular job notifications
- Exam notifications
- E – News
- E – Shots
- Study tips
- Electrical related discussion and all in this group.