Maintenance Technician – Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) a Maharatna Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE) and a S&P Global Platts Top 250 Global Energy Company. HPCL has a strong presence in downstream hydrocarbon sector of the country with over 18% share in petroleum product marketing and also has business footprints across other energy verticals & various overseas geographies. During 2020 – 21, HPCL recorded Profit after Tax (PAT) of Rs. 10,664 Crore. HPCL has the second largest petroleum product pipeline network in India with network length of 3,775 km and
supplies petroleum products across the country through a vast marketing network consisting of 70 depots, 42 terminals, 52 LPG bottling plants, 47 aviation fuel stations, 6 lube blending plants, over 19,341 retail outlets, 282 lube distributorships and over 6210 LPG distributorships. HPCL invites applications from dynamic, result-oriented, aspiring individuals for filling up of the position of Maintenance Technician – Electrical at Visakh Refinery – Visakhapatnam.
Educational Qualification of Maintenance Technician – Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Candidates should have passed Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
- All the qualifications should be full time regular course recognized by respective State Board or applicable competent authority.
- Courses offered through part time or distance mode for employed person will not be entertained for the purpose of educational eligibility criteria.
- Candidates (belonging to General, EWS and OBC-NC category) should have secured minimum 60% (aggregate in all semesters/years) marks in qualifying Diploma examination, relaxed to 50% (aggregate in all semesters / years) marks for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.
|Online Application Starts on
|Closing of Online Application
- The major scope of Maintenance Electrical technician includes carrying out corrective, preventive and predictive maintenance of various electrical equipment across the refinery.
- This includes complete testing of motors, transformers, Circuit breaker, starter modules, MCCBs, relays (primary and secondary injection), tan delta tests, oil BDV testing etc.
- The technicians shall be capable troubleshooting/ rectifying PA systems, UPS, Battery chargers, battery banks, soot blowers, carrying out generators testing, end termination & straight through joints of cables up to 33 kV, usage of cable fault kits, HT and LT panels as well as cable hi-pot tests.
- They shall be capable of reading electrical drawings and carrying out modifications or rectification of control and power circuits in HT and LT panels as per requirement.
- They shall be capable of monitoring healthiness of SCADA system, carrying out Infrared thermography and preparation of reports for the same in Word/ Excel. The above activities need to be carried out during general shift, shifts, turnaround shut downs, etc.
Selection Methodology of Maintenance Technician – Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Candidates fulfilling all of the above eligibility criteria for respective positions will be called for a Computer Based Test(CBT) comprising of General Aptitude Test and Technical / Professional Knowledge.
- The CBT is likely to be conducted at 22 Cities across India. HPCL reserves the right to cancel or add any Center.
- Candidates may be called for Computer Based Test at any center other than his/her choice.
- Candidates qualifying in the CBT will be called for Skill Test, in order of the category-wise and position wise merit list (as per cut – off marks decided by HPCL).
- Skill test shall be of “qualifying nature” only. The candidates qualifying Skill Test will have to appear for pre-employment medical examination. Reference for a medical examination does not mean final selection.
How to Apply ?
- Candidates are requested to read the complete instructions hereunder before proceeding to the application form.
- The candidates need to apply online through www.hindustanpetroleum.com and click on “Careers” -> Job openings.
- Online Application will be accepted from 0000 hrs on 22-04-2022 till 2359 hrs on 21-05-2022.
- Candidate should keep scanned copy of latest passport size photo and signature (in jpg/gif format less than 200 kb) ready before filling online application form.
- Fill in the online form with all the relevant details. Upload scanned copy of your latest passport size photograph and signature in the online application form.
- Candidates are “NOT” required to submit hard copy of application form to HPCL.
- The details filled in the online application form will be considered final and no changes will be entertained w.r.t. personal/ any other details
For Detailed Notification;
CENTRE C ELECTRICAL SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Our Social media platforms are exclusively for Electrical Engineering students, job candidates, teachers and all those who have passion for Electrical Engineering.
You will get
- Electrical engineering quiz
- Regular job notifications
- Exam notifications
- E – News
- E – Shots
- Study tips
- Electrical related discussion and all in this group.